http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Photoxpress_2095500.jpg 2000 3008 Lori MacNeill http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Career_Onward_Logo_WithTAG-150.png Lori MacNeill2013-09-27 17:55:282013-09-30 19:13:33How to Research a Company Before You Apply – 5 Things to Do
Since it’s more difficult than ever to get past a “phone screen”, it’s important that you focus on company research well before you contact a company, apply for a job online, or sign up for a campus interview.
5 Things To Do:
- Visit the company website – Take a an overall tour and pay special attention to the About section to get a good understanding of the company’s mission, culture, and leadership team
- Check Hoovers.com to get high level company information and their competitors
- Go to news.google.com and enter the company name to get the latest articles and press information on the target company
- Check LinkedIn.com to see if you or anyone in your network is connected to a contact at your target company. Remember, it’s critical that you are on LinkedIn and have a professional, up-to-date profile first
- Follow your target companies on social media so you get all the recent news