We all know that LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are the Big 3 when it comes to the number of people using these platforms. In fact, LinkedIn just hit a major milestone – over 200 million users.
What most people don’t know is how these social networking sites are dramatically changing the way recruiters search for and hire qualified candidates. College students are social media savvy, but most haven’t leveraged these platforms with the sole focus of getting an internship or job. They need to NOW.
In this infographic:
- 93% of recruiters use LinkedIn
- 66% use Facebook to recruit candidates
- 54% use Twitter to search for candidates
The benefits for recruiters are many:
- Students are less likely to be dishonest regarding jobs, titles, and performance since all profiles are public
- Key words to search for the “best candidate” can be used versus only looking at those who apply
- Online recommendations provide a fairly accurate snapshot of the candidate as the author’s name and company are made public
With online recruiting increasing every year, it’s critical that every college student have a positive presence on the Big 3 social networking sites. If you’re not on LinkedIn, you don’t exist in the eyes of company recruiters.