As we all know, new college grads continue to have a much higher unemployment and underemployment rate than the rest of the population. Given this reality, it helps to understand what careers are in demand and will continue to be in the years to come.
The University of California, San Diego just conducted their 5th annual study, “Hot Careers for College Graduates.” For this report, they looked at current employment numbers, projected growth over 10 years, median annual salary, and workplace characteristics. Not surprising, jobs in STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, and Math) lead the pack.
1. Software Developer — Systems Software
2. Software Developers — Applications
3. Market Research Analyst/Marketing Specialist
5. Network/Computer Systems Administrator
6. Elementary School Teacher
7. Computer Systems Analyst
8. Management Analyst
9. Public Relations Specialist
10. Insurance Sales Agent