http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_mf58mpM71j1qloc3x.jpg 337 500 Lori MacNeill http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Career_Onward_Logo_WithTAG-150.png Lori MacNeill2014-05-30 16:24:082016-08-16 10:37:515 Tips to Make Your Summer Internship a Success
If you have a summer internship – Congratulations!
Whether it’s paid or unpaid, be sure to make it a win-win for both you and your employer.
- Schedule a 1:1 with your manager within the first week to discuss success criteria and expectations. You can’t deliver if you don’t know the ground rules.
- Go to lunch, coffee, or happy hour with other interns – get to know them, develop a relationship, and get their view on things
- Seek out recent college grads – they’re a great source of information about the company and what it’s like to work there full-time
- Update your LinkedIn profile with company name, title, and responsibilities and start connecting with everyone you meet
- Request a LinkedIn recommendation from your manager and a peer before you leave – or it won’t happen. Be sure to share the love and reciprocate.
And, work smart and hard!