http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/holiday-lights.jpg 200 300 Lori MacNeill http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Career_Onward_Logo_WithTAG-150.png Lori MacNeill2014-12-15 22:25:122014-12-15 22:25:125 Tips for a Holly Jolly Networking Holiday
Finals are over – it’s time to get some sleep, over eat and be merry until the New Year. But, if you’re in the job search process, holiday events are the perfect place to make connections as everyone is in a celebratory mood.
- Be strategic in terms of who and how many people you want to meet
- Prioritize quality over quantity
- Do your research and be prepared
- Make a personal connection and show genuine interest
- Follow-up within 24 hours with a personal note (if the host) or personalized LinkedIn messages