Now that you’ve decided where you want to live or the city you want to target, it’s time to think about the industries and markets you may want to work in.
Yes we know, it’s a big, complicated question! Let’s break it down into small parts (peeling the onion as I say) so you can feel good about making some small decisions that still move you forward.
Ask yourself a couple of these questions and jot down your thoughts:
- What products or services do I love?
- Do I want to work for a company that sells products, services or both?
- Do I want to work for a company that markets to consumers, businesses, or both?
- What big markets do I like? Consumer products, financial services, clean energy…?
- Are there any market verticals I don’t like at all?
It’s amazing how time spent on just a couple of questions can provide clarity and direction for your job search process.
To help, check out the industries hiring the most college grads here.
We’d love to hear what industry you want to work in!
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD,