You survived the lines and jockeying for position to communicate your pitch and entered your contact information in an iPad. Now what?
Instead of waiting to hear from the company, now is a great time to take action with the companies you really liked and stand out.
5 steps to take after the Career Fair:
- Follow all the companies on social media (if you weren’t already)
- Email personalized Thank You’s highlighting something you talked about
- Connect with them on LinkedIn with a short custom message
- Search for people in the company that are doing the job you want and request an informational interview
- Discover other internships and job opportunities at each company be checking their website, LinkedIn, and other job search sites as companies typically have more opening than they interview for on campus
Finally, don’t give up! If you are confident you are a good fit for the company and role, build connections with many people across the company so they can become your internal sponsors.