http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-23-at-12.05.01-PM.png 359 740 Lori MacNeill http://careeronward.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Career_Onward_Logo_WithTAG-150.png Lori MacNeill2016-09-26 07:00:112016-09-26 10:21:43Tips to Make the Most of an Informational Interview
It’s amazing what you can learn from someone who’s actually doing the job you want. People like to talk about their work. But before you reach out, prepare, so you make the most of the time.
- Set a clear goal for the call
- Develop a set of questions
- Be sensitive to their time (30 minutes max)
- Follow-up with personalized Thank You
- Most importantly, stay in touch so they can be your internal sponsor if you find a job at the company that fits!