Now that we’re working with our 4th college graduation class, we realized it helps to have a checklist for interviews to insure you will have everything you need to be successful at Career Fairs, campus, and on-site interviews.
Here’s what we recommend:
- Portfolio (black or brown, ideally leather, that includes pad of paper, pen and a place to store extra resumes and business cards
- Business cards – we suggest students check their career center first as some universities offer this service. If not, head to vistaprint.com (cheapest) or www.moo.com (more options). Better for sales, tech, and advertising so you can make a unique impression.
- Extra resumes – always have 5-10 on hand, more for a career fair
- Healthy snack bar – in case there was no time for lunch
- Appropriate attire – check career center guidelines or confirm with employer’s HR contacts regarding expected attire for interviews and events
If you want to learn more about the content for business cards, please read our blog post: How to Create a Student Business Card