What did you do this summer?
Did you Intern? Volunteer? Take a class? Travel? Work a summer job? Study Abroad? Lead at a camp? If you did any one of these or other activities, be sure to add details to your resume and LinkedIn profile. Focus on the ‘Why’ and try to quantify what you did and the impact you made.
After Labor Day, it will be time for the Fall Career Fair, on-campus recruiting sessions, informational interviews, and the list goes on. The sooner you are prepared with an updated resume the better!
Here are some tips to help guide you:
- Add Internships and jobs to your “Professional Experience” Section
- If you were a Counselor, add summer camps to your work experience
- Add Study Abroad to your Education Section
- Add any skills or languages you learned, or any new hobbies/interests to the bottom of your resume.
Updating your LinkedIn:
- Copy/paste the following from your resume so they match (company name, job title, and dates)
- Experience: Each work experience should be entered separately
- Education: Same as resume
- Add Volunteer Experience and relevant causes
- Skills – add all identified on your resume, putting technical/ computer applications first, then business skills
- Add Courses: Either every class or relevant classes to your major (your preference)