WE PROVIDE COLLEGE STUDENTS WITH THE PERSONALIZED CAREER PLANS AND ADVICE THEY NEED TO GET THE INTERNSHIP OR JOB THEY WANT
With only 30% of students receiving an offer upon graduation, underemployment rates at over 50%, and college career centers cutting budgets by 15% on average, college students more than ever need help to stand out from the crowd to get the internship or job they want.
While the Internet is full of content about careers and finding a job, only Career Onward provides personalized, step-by-step guidance to help students achieve their individual career goals. Career Onward helps students develop a personalized, individual career plan tailored to the student, that includes a compelling resume, LinkedIn profile, network development, company targeting, and interview skills to stand out from the crowd.
Our Services Are Based on These New Hiring Realities:
Competition for internships and jobs are at their highest level in years – 0ver 50% of college grads are either under-employed or unemployed
- Networking is considered the most effective way of finding a job – 70% of all jobs are found through networking
- Only 11% of college students are hired through college recruiting programs
- LinkedIn now allows 14 year olds access so high school students can begin building their professional network and highlighting their accomplishments. Waiting until senior year in college is TOO LATE.
The hiring process is changing very rapidly – and it is happening on social media
- 90% of Fortune 500 companies use LinkedIn to find future hires
- Social professional networks are the fastest growing source of quality hires
- 46% of college students have never used LinkedIn, less than 10% are complete with recommendations and current information
Online profiles are used regularly to check applicant reputation and references
- 97% of HR recruiters audit applicant social media profiles to assess personal and professional reputation
- Recommendations on LinkedIn are expected as part of every applicant’s profile
- Recruiters expect online profiles to be as professional and current as resumes and cover letters
Due to limited budgets and mandates to optimize efficiencies throughout the workplace, interviews are moving from face-to-face to virtual environments
- 77% of companies conduct phone interviews
- 66% of companies use web conferencing, and the number is increasing every year
- Video interviewing is being called one of the most powerful recruitment tools available today—- Skype currently has 31 million users